- 3 lbs. venison; 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 lb chirozo sausages; diced small
- 2 cans red beans
- 1 large can tomatoes
- 3 medium onions; 1-inch diced
- 3 large carrots; 1-inch diced
- 3 stalks celery; 1-inch diced
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 all purpose flour
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground thyme
- jalapeno pepper sauce; to taste
- 2 large green pappers; seeded and diced
Brown venison and sausage in a large pot, add all vegetable and sauté for 5 more minutes. Then add the flour and cook for 3 minutes. Finish with the red wine, broth and seasonings.
Let simmer 1 hour and serve with hot French bread.
Stir constantly so the stew does not stick to the bottom of the pot and burn.
Yield: 10 servings